Thursday, October 28, 2010

Weddings for the Weekend of October 23 & 24- Joanna, Kim and Stephanie

Joanna was my first bride of the weekend. I was there bright and early Saturday morning- and I use that term loosely because it was dark for most of my time there- which made doing her make-up a challenge. This was another wedding that I had with Pretty in Pink. The bride was absolutely glowing- she couldn't have been happier! I loved the way that she wanted her hair done, in a side-swept updo with "lots of volume". I only wish I had taken some pictures of her in her blusher hairpiece once I had put it in. It was stunning- a beautiful flower nestled in a bow of french netting with feathers...beautiful! And, it went so well with the hairstyle.


Update: I received a picture of Joanna's hair with the blusher in. Beautiful!




 




The bridesmaid below was the only bridesmaid that I got a chance to take a picture of. She had wanted her hair down, even though I recommended that she wear it up. Her hair was quite fine and it was humid that day- I just didn't want all the curls to be gone before the ceremony! At the last minute, she sat in my chair and said-"you were right- I want it up!" So, I put it up in about 5 minutes flat! I think it turned out pretty well, all things considered.










The second wedding of the day was Kim's. I did her trial a couple of weeks ago. She was another wedding I had through Pretty in Pink. Kim had gotten married in Australia in September, and was home to have a reception, or pretty much 'a second wedding'. She had really like everything about the trial and had gushed that she "wished that I had been in Australia for her first ceremony". Here are some pictures of Kim on her wedding day. I did her hair and her make-up.


*UPDATE* This a "thank-you" I received from Kim:

Thank-you so much for making this day so enjoyable. My make-up and "up-do" were perfect! I am so glad to have found you. You are amazing at what you do.


Kind regards,
                           Kim


*How nice, here are Kim's pictures:












Sunday's wedding, Stephanie's, was actually an engagement party- but it was on the scale of a wedding. Apparantly the engagement party is a really big deal and is when she will receive "her rock" (her engagement ring). Surrounded by her closest friends and family. Beautiful. Her wedding day is July 31st 2011. Blog for that wedding to follow.






Stepanie's mom wanted her hair to be up in a high updo, with larger, chunkier curls left out in the front.



No comments:

Post a Comment